Here are some suggestions when packing to come to YWAM Lancaster!
- 7-10 T-shirts: Also bring some you don’t mind getting dirty!
- 3-4 pairs of shorts (depending on the season) Women: finger-tip length
- 3-4 pairs of pants (depending on the season)
- 2-3 sweatshirts/sweater
- 8-10 pairs of socks
- Modest bathing suit (for the spring quarter):
- Men- No speedos
- Women- One piece or tankini that covers the stomach with modest bottoms.
- 2-3 church clothes/formal wear: For graduation, church, and celebrations!
- Men- buttoned up shirt, nice pants, optional tie.
- Women- dress, nice shirt/skirts. (Again, honor others and choose modesty!)
- Shoes: Make sure to include a nice pair of shoes (to go with your nice outfit) and shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Winter jacket (for the fall quarter)
- Towels and washcloths
- Passport (make sure it is valid longer than 6 months from the end of DTS)
- Bedding for a twin size bed or sleeping bag
- Water bottle
- Backpack (for classes)
- Bible, journal, and pen
- Any other supplies you think you’ll need for class
- Sunglasses (sunscreen, depending on the season)
- Electronics (be mindful that they are all brought at your own risk!)
- Pictures to hang on your wall! (we suggest using wall tape or tack to hang them up)
- Extension cord/power strips for 120 Volts (always comes in handy)
- Laundry bag
- Hobbies! (things you like to do in your free time, like instruments!)
- Vehicle: Nice to have during free time, however, you will be responsible for gas money and maintenance
Spring: (March-May) Avg. Temp: 50°F / 10°C
Summer: (June-August) Avg. Temp: 75°F / 24°C
Fall: (September-October) Avg. Temp: 55°F / 13°C
Winter: (November-February) Avg. Temp: 35°F / 2°C
- PASSPORT! (make sure it is valid longer than 6 months from the end of your school)
- Bible and journal
- Shower shoes (flip-flops), sneakers
- Travel towel
- Travel sleeping bag
- Travel pillow
- Hiking backpack: they are a lot easier to use on outreach, and you will only be allowed to take one checked piece of luggage (we recommend using a 50L-70L backpack)
- Baby wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Tissues/toilet paper
- Rain-jacket (depending where you are going)
- Day backpack
- Clothes that are modest to your outreach location (you can ask your outreach leaders, and then go shopping at Goodwill here before you leave!)
- Extra space for souvenirs!
- Cards/small games (for your layovers!)
- Outlet converter
- Headphones (2 pairs if you have room)